V3 problems

Benjamin --

  V3 is still badly broken on AIX.  AFAICT, the named locale stuff
made things substantially worse; it now seems that any program linked
with the library will fault during initialization.

  I've tried to track this down, but I did not yet have success.

  If you have time to look at this, that would be very good.

  You should be able to build an AIX compiler out of CVS.  Then,
trying having the C++ testsuite build and run g++.eh/catch3.C.  It
will fault during the execution of static initializers for V3.

  Thanks,