Re: regclass FLOAT_INT_REGS on x86/graph coloring allocator

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Daniel Berlin wrote:

|> It doesn't use iterative analysis, instead it only needs use and def
|> sites.
|Thanks.
|I could change mine to do this pretty easily, should I? Or if we
|add  things like live range splitting, etc, will we need the rest?

I don't think iterative analysis is bad, if we make sure to use
the right order so we can limit the number of passes. Using a
standard dataflow module (df) for the analysis seems like
a good approach, and this should certainly be good enough until
the allocator gets more stable and we can do some better testing.

Keeping things simple now can only help in finding and fixing bugs
and limitations of the current approach without spending too much
time on optimizing an algorithm that might change.

  -Geert