Re: egcs/gcc new-regalloc.c ChangeLog.RA

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:49:24 -0500 (EST), Daniel Berlin wrote:

  I'm going to see if ignoring the allocation order on x86 makes this
  problem go away. The preferences for which register to allocate in which
  order seems to prefer registers that really suck all the time.
  It certainly makes things better on alpha and powerpc.

I see, that makes sense indeed. In general humans do a very poor job of
such things as register scheduling, as they get bored easily and let such
things get out of date while doing interesting stuff :-)

  -Geert