alpha-openbsd question

We are currently reviving the alpha-openbsd* port.
We do have a small problem though: in a previous life, alpha-openbsd*
used to be an ecoff system. However, that thing never worked well
(partial support from binutils, stuff never quite working right), to the
point we never got shared libraries off the ground.

We know have a functional elf system (more or less), with a few
details being worked upon.

The question is, what do we do configuration-wise ?
My feeling would be to scrape the old bogus ecoff configuration, and
simply drop the new stuff in, so that alpha-openbsd* IS elf.

Dropping the old configuration should affect precious few people, seeing
that alpha-openbsd* has been `dead' for over a year, and there is no chance
of the ecoff port ever being revived, so keeping that old stuff around
would just be keeping a gratuitous way to shoot users in the foot.

Comments ?