Re: New register allocator branch created

Geert Bosch wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:13:19 -0500 (EST), Daniel Berlin wrote:
>
>   The costliest move calculation bug should have been cuasing segfaults on
>   x86 for you.

> Correct. The stage1 compiler would SEGV all over the place :-)
> I'll try out your fixes as soon as I manage to update my tree.
> BTW. How do I do an cvs update of the tree? It seems that if I
> do 'cvs update -jnew-regalloc-branch gcc' I get complaints about
> the new files already existing. (As you can figure out, I'm a newbie
> in using branches with CVS.)

The way I'd do it - but I have to keep the current CVS head as well - is
to create a new directory, say `NRA' (dodges ;-) and cd to it; then:

cvs -z 9 co -rnew-regalloc-branch gcc

and procede from there ...

Dan, results for Fortran will have to wait a bit, as I'm installing an
ISDN connection right now :-)