vmalloc!

hello ,

if this questions is not apropriate to this list please redirect me to
the one which is.
sorry if I will bother you.

I do not know what means "vmalloc" function in Linux and I do not know
what it does ?
I do not have also man on this function , I have to install some othre
package in order to have help for this funtion or not ?

regards,
Nicu
begin:vcard
n:POPOVICI;Nicolae Octavian