Solaris objc failures (Re: HPUX/Solaris status)

 > From: Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
 >
 >   - Solaris 2.7 bootstraps, but fails a good many tests.
 >     Fortran and Objective-C look to be particularly hosed.

On my solaris2.7 box, all but a couple of the objc failures are link
errors for two missing functions.

 > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 > compiler exited with status 1
 > output is:
 > sched_get_priority_max              .../libobjc.a(thr-objc.o)
 > sched_get_priority_min              .../libobjc.a(thr-objc.o)

The man page for sched_get_priority_max says it comes via -lrt.  The
NOTES section says something about it first appearing in solaris2.6.

It may suffice to add some solaris bits to link in -lrt when posix
threads are preferred over solaris threads.  IIRC, the solaris threads
needed their own library too.  Some testing on e.g. 2.5 vs 2.6 vs 2.7
would probably expose what needs doing when.  Hope this helps.

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Engagement Manager / Project Services
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Internet Solutions