Re: GCC 3.0 Status

IA-64 isn't one of the primary or secondary platforms, but it would be nice
if it would build.  IA-64 builds have been failing ever since we switched to
libstdc++-v3 because a C++ front end change broke machine dependent builtin
functions.  I reported this in November.
	http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2000-11/msg00849.html
There was a proposed patch in December from Herman ten Brugge
which hasn't been reviewed yet.

I have time to work on the current gcc sources this week, so I am hoping to
get this fixed before we branch.  I'll also clean up some other issues, such
as documenting the IA-64 options.

Previously I was busy stabilizing a late summer snapshot enough so that OS
releases could be made, and that work finished up in December before I left
on vacation.  So this is my first chance to work on this problem.

Jim