Re: Plans for ABI migration

 >  Following the example of the libc5 -> glibc migration,
 > perhaps it would be possible to let ld.so distingish
 > programs compiled by g++ 3.0 from older versions and use
 > a different library path in this case. Something like this
 > could go in /etc/ld.so.conf:

 >    /usr/lib=gcc3
 >    /usr/i686-linux-gcc2/lib=gcc3
 >    /usr/local/lib

That would require changes in the dynamic linker and ldconfig - and
therefore changes in glibc.  And I don't see how the dynamic linker
could recognize those libraries at all in a secure way (there might be
some hacks but nothing that works all the time).

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de