Re: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN

Okay, regarding linking to 'non-free' libraries for the copyright holder,

I've digged up my mail archive, here is the add
on:
    ...usual gnu header....

    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307
USA

    As a special exception, <name of copyright holder> gives permission to
    link this program with <FOO>, and distribute the resulting executable,
    without including the source code for <FOO> in the source
distribution.
<FOO> would be the official name of the specific software package that
your
program must link against to work properly.  You can include multiple
paragraphs like the last one if there are additional programs.

((( In my case it was sun's hotspot VM, however during development I
discovered it's better to dynamically load it either way ( withLoadLibrary()),
which is neither case a GPL violation as far I understood it, since it's not
linked with it. However this of non-importance here :o) )))