Re: Is this supposed to work, or am I loopy?

<<In most respects, Linux closely copied the Solaris (or SVR4) shared library
implementation.  Almost all of the other features are exactly the same.
Those of us who've used Sun machines for years don't see the reason for
gratuitous differences.

Perhaps "those of us who've used Sun machines for years" could refrain
from immediately labeling as a "bug" anything that does not work the
same as on the machine you are use to :-)

Seriously, I think you would get further if you make a well informed
well reasoned argument for a change.