Re: Unable to bootstrap gcc snapshot of 20001211 on Dynix/ptx

Janis Johnson writes:

> Biswa posted a test case that showed that bcopy() from DYNIX/ptx V4.4.8
> does not handle overlapping memory.  Apparently it was following an
> earlier standard that did not require it to handle such a case, but
> DYNIX/ptx V4.6.0 follows UNIX 98 and bcopy() handles overlaps there.

Ouch.  I was going to suggest just getting rid of the bcopy calls
and rely on libiberty to provide memcpy and memmove for systems that
lack it.  But libiberty appears to assume that it can implement memmove, on
systems that don't have it, as a wrapper around bcopy.