Re: libffi

>> It is still called `libffi' but the most recent version appears in
>> the gcc tree, not the libffi tree.  Basically no one has done any
>> work in the libffi tree for a while now.

Davy> Oh okay... I thank you for your response....  I assume no one
Davy> has worked on it in a while simply because it's pretty much bug
Davy> free and implements most or all of the calling conventions
Davy> needed?..

People have still been working on it, just not in the libffi cvs tree
on sources.redhat.com.  For a while the most recent version was in the
Java tree.  Now the most recent version has been merged into the gcc
tree.  That is where you should look.

libffi is not complete.  The layer needed for the libgcj Java bytecode
interpreter has only been ported to three platforms (IA-32, IA-64, and
Alpha).  You only need this code if you want to use that API (which
you probably don't).  Also, as far as I know there is not a HPPA port
of any of libffi.  There are probably other ports missing as well.

Tom