Re: RFC: Moving Java PRs to Gcc database

On 13 Dec 2000, Tom Tromey wrote:
> What if we just subscribe gcc-patches to java-patches?

First of all, you'll also have to hack the spam protection  ;-), apart
from that, I don't know.

Probably the best way to start the transition is to enable @gcc.gnu.org
counterparts for those lists you want to keep, add them to lists.html
and have the Java mailing lists page refer to the GCC one. This worked
quite well for libstdc++.

One problem I'm seeing in general is that the mailing list structure of
the GCC project is becoming a bit confusing and unorthogonal recently.
Perhaps one day we should try to make a clear "design"...

Gerald