Re: Checking wide format strings

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 02:09:17PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> I'm thinking of adding support for checking formats passed to the wide
> character formatted I/O functions (wprintf, wscanf, wscftime, etc.).  A
> couple of questions:
>
> 1. Could someone add the relevant information where c-tree.texi says
>
> 	FIXME: How are wide strings represented?

I came accross this when writing the designated initializers patch as well,
had to write wide char handling myself.
Probably it would be good if there was some function like
read_wide_string(tree wstr, tree pos) which would read POSth wide character
from wide string constant wstr and return it as a tree of type
wchar_type_node.

	Jakub