Re: GCC Build trouble

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Ronald Wikander wrote:
> I am trying to build GCC and I am following your specific instructions via
> BUILD file, please read the following;
> Building a native compiler
>
>     For a native build issue the command `make bootstrap'. This will build
>     the entire GCC system, which includes the following steps:
> I cannot seem to locate the bootstrap, here are the results;
>
> [home:alg0m/gcc-2.95/install] root# make
> make: *** No targets.  Stop.
> [home:alg0m/gcc-2.95/install] root# make bootstrap
> make: *** No rule to make target `bootstrap'.  Stop.

I'm sorry that you haven't received any response earlier, but I think
your problem is that you invoke `make` in the documentation directory
describing the installation, while you should do that in the srcdir
that you have created in the previous step.

Does this solve your problem?

In general, should you have any suggestions on how we can improve the
install documentation for our users, please let us know! (Also patches
are certainly welcome!)

You'll find the most current version of the instructions at
<http://gcc.gnu.org/install/>.

Gerald