Re: Makefile change to restart bootstraps

On Nov 13, 2000, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com> wrote:

>> Besides, it's always been possible to restart a bootstrap in the middle if
>> you wanted to: that's what "make bootstrap2" and "make bootstrap3" are for.

> I strongly agree.  The new system relies *far* too heavily on stamp files
> which are completely non-intuitive, since they bear no relation to what is
> happening.  stage_[abcde] means nothing to me.

If that's the problem, it's just a matter of renaming the stamp files.

BTW, Richard (Earnshaw), any idea why your replies don't have the
mailing-list name in neither To: nor Cc:, even when they get delivered
to me through the mailing list?  Have you been Bcc:ing the mailing
list, for any reason?