Re: C++ include files ``gone''?

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 05:33:12PM +0100, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at> writes:
>
> I suspect the headers are installed in $prefix/include/g++-v3.

They are.

> | Something seems badly broken here, but I wonder why I'm the only one
> | seeing this.

You aren't.  I got this last night.

The problem is that the default setting of enable_libstdcxx_v3=yes
doesn't take effect until "later" in the configure run.  That setting
is appropriately passed down to libstdc++-v3 itself, which installs the
headers in the right place.

But gcc_gxx_include_dir at the gcc level is set too early.  It is empty,
so when it sources config.if to get the "3"-vs-"v3" decision, it defaults
to the old one.  That value is then passed down into cpplib.

If you compile with -v, you'll see cpplib complaining about "ignoring
nonexistant directory $prefix/install/g++-3" since all the headers actually
exist in the correct place but cpplib doesn't know about it.

The temp workaround is to continue to pass --enable-libstdcxx-v3 when
configuring.  Then the enable_ variable will have the right value when
config.if is examined.

Phil