Re: Question

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Marzuq Madi wrote:
> My name is Madi Marzuq, I would like to ask is it a good practice to
> configure, build and install the GCC in one machine, and then tar the whole
> pkg and extract it leter on in another machine with the same OS version and
> patch bundle.

Yes, this works fine. Or, which is the solution that we use here, you can
install it in a directory residing on a (NFS) file-server and then mount
that directory from all compatible clients.

Gerald

PS: I assume that the machines don't just have the same OS version and
patch bundle, but also compatible hardware architectures.