This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Generation process for cpp.1
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at Stanford dot EDU>
- Subject: Re: Generation process for cpp.1
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 23:44:36 +0000 (GMT)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> > Can't locate object method "U" via package "gnu" at ../texi2pod.pl line 58, <STDIN> line 105.
> *bonk* Take the 'e' modifier off this line:
With this patch (using unmodified pod2man from Perl 5.6.0), I get a
reasonable manpage from gcov.texi. When I try to extend the manpage to
cover the whole of gcov.texi, I notice:
* It doesn't remove @node lines.
* The line
=head2 Brief description of C<gcov> data files
comes out oddly in the nroff output. This would seem to be a pod2man
problem: at the end of the C<...>, the standard font rather than the font
used in the header gets restored.
Joseph S. Myers