need assistance

I am trying to obtain a "C" compiler.  I want to be able to run it from my desktop.  As your site proves all the information I need, when I try to download it from the server, there are so many I don't know which one it is for the  complete 2.95.5 compiler. could you please assist me? and tell me what program I need to run it from? Thank You
michael