Re: Why not gnat Ada in gcc?

<<Exactly.  In fact, Geoff's automatic regression tester and "email the offending
parties" is proving quite useful in identifying culprits and getting them to
fix their problems.  I'm not arguing it's perfect, but it's one step in the
right direction.

Indeed this kind of automatic regression tester is very valuable, it is
exactly how we proceed internally.

<<Yes, Dewar, if someone breaks the tree, they get a nasty gram about it.  In
fact, the bulk changes from ACT have been one of the biggest offenders in the
past.

Can I be Robert, if Geoff is Geoff and you are jeff :-)

Indeed, the bulk changes here were the result of having to merge two
very different streams of development, and that was not at all easy
to do. Hopefully that is done now, and is not something that needs
repeating in future!