This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New C++ Parser
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com, per at bothner dot com
- Subject: Re: New C++ Parser
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 20:26:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<< - Likely to be smaller, since you don't have as many duplications
due to contortions to deal with complicated parts fo the grammar.
Well that depends how much error recovery you do. In the GNAT parser, which
is a hand written top down parser, at least 75% of the code is related to
(very aggressive) error identification and recovery.
<< - Might be faster.
Almost certainly faster, but the parser should take a very small fraction
of the compile time anyway, so this is not really a factor.