This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
New C++ Parser
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: New C++ Parser
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 12:54:52 -0700
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
CodeSourcery has received a contract to implement a brand-new
recursive-descent C++ parser, replacing the YACC version in the
compiler at present.
This work will have the following benefits:
- Full language conformance
- Better error-messages
- Better error-recovery
- Simplification of many parts of the compiler that presently
do funny things to work around oddities in the parser.
This work will happen in early 2001.
We are not going to start on this work until the GCC 3.0 release is
looking closer to being ready; that is our number one GCC priority at
(Many of you know that this is work that is very near and dear to me;
I've been trying to get this work done for a couple of years. I'm
very glad that we're going to get a chance to do this; it will
tremendously improve g++.)
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com