Re: Using NLS in the regression checker

* Zack Weinberg (zackw@stanford.edu) [20001021 19:49]:

> I suggest 'make -k stamp-check-pot' instead.  The -k gets you a
> complete list of all the removed files,

Yes, this would definitely be better.

> the trailing t is a typo.

No, it's not a typo, but neither is it obvious :). I'll add a check-po target
that simply depends on a stamp-check-po target. That would IMO make it much
more intuitive.

> This doesn't help with *added* files, any idea how to detect them?

At least no easy way. You'ld need to scan the whole gcc tree for .c or .h
files that contain one of the keywords (direct gettext calls, the _() or
N_() macros or functions that have a parameter named msgid), remove those
files whose messages should never be translated (like the gen* tools or
sources for libgcc), make the list relative to the gcc directory (so that the
list is the same format as POTFILES.in) and then check if an entry in this list
is also present in POTFILES.in.

Specially the list of files to exclude would have to be made manually.

All in all, I'm not sure if the effort necessary to add that feature is
really worth it, given that it can't be fully automatic.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
Development, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE  50              /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC   30              /* max number of processes */
 	-- Version 7 UNIX for PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h