Re: Difference b/w FSF GCC and Apple GCC

I was referring to GCC supporting Apple's Darwin and not the prc-tools. My
thought was to drop the config files from the GCC version available on
Apple's CVS server into the standard GCC version since Apple has the
"updated" config files necessary to define the host type --
powerpc-apple-darwin1.2. I'd use Apple's version of gcc to build the Palm
development tools but the prc-tools' patch scripts complain about missing
files since Apple seemed to exclude a lot, if not all, of the files
necessary for building a cross-compiler:-(

I'd rather look into this IPGPE project mentioned below as it seems like a
cleaner implementation. I'm afraid that even if I could get my hands on the
alpha (is there a link where I can check it out), I still would not be able
to compile since the gcc tools don't yet know how to handle Apple's new
OS... unless I can exchange Apple's config files included with the version
of gcc on their CVS server with the one I've downloaded from
http://gcc.gnu.org.

-Mark