Re: Testsuite ad RedHat 7

Marc Espie writes:
> I think the Steering Committee made it pretty clear that shipping a 2.96
> e.g., *development* snapshot, with an official `release' is a very stupid
> decision.

That's not what were saying.  I was unhappy about how it was done, but
don't consider it "very stupid".

Continued flaming against Red Hat is not going to help us now.  What's
done is done.

> Minor flame: in my opinion, ceasing all development on the 2.95 branch
> precipitated the problem.

In the absence of a volunteer to run the "stable" branch, this problem
will persist.  Stable, tested gcc releases don't just appear.