This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Testsuite ad RedHat 7
- To: espie at quatramaran dot ens dot fr (Marc Espie)
- Subject: Re: Testsuite ad RedHat 7
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:37:30 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: jfm2 at club-internet dot fr, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Marc Espie writes:
> I think the Steering Committee made it pretty clear that shipping a 2.96
> e.g., *development* snapshot, with an official `release' is a very stupid
That's not what were saying. I was unhappy about how it was done, but
don't consider it "very stupid".
Continued flaming against Red Hat is not going to help us now. What's
done is done.
> Minor flame: in my opinion, ceasing all development on the 2.95 branch
> precipitated the problem.
In the absence of a volunteer to run the "stable" branch, this problem
will persist. Stable, tested gcc releases don't just appear.