Re: Using of parse tree externally

Greetings,

I would personally love to see the front end be made available in an API
for work on tools such as the AST Toolkit or ASTLOG

    http://www.research.microsoft.com/~rfc/

or Genoa/Gen++

   http://www.cs.ucdavis.edu/~devanbu/genp/

How would free software benefit?  These are awesomely powerful tools
with direct applications in software quality.  Isn't that supposed to be
one of the benefits of open source software?

Presently the microsoft stuff works only with the microsoft compiler
(duh) and gen++ works only with the at&t cfront compiler.  I would love
a similar tool for the gnu compiler.

-Ricardo Anguiano