Re: Testsuite ad RedHat 7

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 06:03:41PM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:

> Who would dare to use large optimizations on gcc 2.95.x except for those
> daredevil linux people anyways ?

Boo :( -- this isn't an attitude, even in jest, that makes me happy.

> Minor flame: in my opinion, ceasing all development on the 2.95 branch
> precipitated the problem. Not having frequent enough FSF releases is another

This has been a huge issue for us. The fact that problems with such
seemingly simple solutions, like the inner class template bug, were
never fixed, is very disappointing.

My last two projects, HG2 and SoF, had to use modified gcc 2.95.2
compilers, and my current project requires use of "experimental"
snapshots. It compiles under MSVC 6.0 and CodeWarrior 5.0, but not on
gcc-2.95.2 (lots of namespaces). In a way, I actually welcome the RH7
compiler, because I'll have a snapshot that has been tested fairly
extensively, something I can't do right now on my own because of my
limited resources--not knowing if a crash is a result of a genuine
programming error or a miscompilation is a pit of despair I don't want
to deal with...

m.

--
Programmer             "Ha ha." "Ha ha." "What are you laughing at?"
Loki Software                      "Just the horror of being alive."