Re: gcc-ss-20001002 is now available

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 11:52:47PM -0000, law@sourceware.cygnus.com wrote:
> egcs-ss-20001002 is now available on
> egcs.cygnus.com:/pub/egcs/snapshots/2000-10-02
>   egcs-20001002.tar.gz                  The full egcs snapshot, including all

Hi,

i wonder why these snapshots are still named egcs-*. I am not sure if anyone
real cares about egcs->gcc naming conversion, and such named snapshots still
force new people to say 'i downloaded egcs snapshots today ...' - it is
better to do `s/egcs/gcc/g` in scripts which generates these snapshots right
now. Yes, i know that this will break eg. some robots which are periodically
downloading LATEST- snapshots (and symlinks are not good solution), but if
you don't do this, you never get people to using 'gcc' instead of 'egcs'.
Just for curiosity: in message subject, this is named right -
'gcc-ss-20001002 is now available' :)

Jan Dvorak <johnydog@go.cz>