local-alloc update_equiv_regs and moving register initialization

update_equiv_regs has the comment:

  /* Now scan all regs killed in an insn to see if any of them are
     registers only used that once.  If so, see if we can replace the
     reference with the equivalent from.  If we can, delete the
     initializing reference and this register will go away.  If we
     can't replace the reference, and the instruction is not in a
     loop, then move the register initialization just before the use,
     so that they are in the same basic block.  */

Why isn't desirable to move the register initialization just before the
use when both are within the same loop?

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john@feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |