Re: Silently checking whether diagnostics would occur

> From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar@cygnus.co.uk>
> To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu>
> Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:38:09 +0100 (BST)

> I can see it now.  Somewhere down the line, someone uses this
> format checking in another utility function.  That function gets
> called by another utility function under certain circumstances.
> That function is then used by some piece of format-checking code.

> [ ... ]

You show an amazing predictive abilities...

:-)

For those not familiar with the compiler internals, this is a good
description of the variables named current_function_*, and the ones
that aren't, that that had been in the compiler and how the code
changed over time.  That code is slightly cleaner today, but still
suffers in various ways.