Re: ChangeLog entries (was: C++ codegen bug for switch statement(s))

> Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:54:36 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>

> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > I don't generally make testsuite ChangeLog entries.  Is that something
> > we're supposed to do?

> Well, I don't know! ;-)  But once I do, I'll update the web page,
> promised.

I don't see enough value in it when measured against the cost.  In a
well done testcase, there are very few edits required post writing it,
there usually aren't interactions with other files, the comment is
usually something like, {Added.,Removed.,Fixed.} lending little
additional information.  ChangeLogs predate things like public
anonymous cvs repositories.  One might say that the ChangeLog
mostly replicates the cvs log.

I'd say, let's mandate changelog entries for any framework fixes
(lib/*, g++.other/*.exp), let's skip entries that would just say,
added, and leave the remainder up to the person doing the work.

Now, if enough other people do see a value in doing it, we can do it,
I don't think it is all that much extra work.  Out of curiosity, has
anybody made use of what changelogs are there today?