Re: repository copy of FreeBSD i386 config file.

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, David O'Brien wrote:
> I would like to see gcc/config/i386/freebsd.h,v repository copied to
> gcc/config/i386/freebsd-aout.h,v (I have a script to fixup the tags).
> [...]
> Doing such repository copies (ie, moving and coping files around w/in
> the repository) is documented in the CVS docs.

I'm not sure whether we really want to do that (Basically, this is a
shortcoming of CVS that cannot be solved completely satisfactory)
or the following...

> Is this acceptable?  If not, could I get permission to do it this way:
>
>     cvs co gcc/config/i386/freebsd.h
>     mv gcc/config/i386/freebsd.h gcc/config/i386/freebsd-aout.h
>     [...]

...but in principle it makes sense to clean this up now, though you'll
also have to update the configure stuff, right?

Can someone with global write priviledge please have a look?

Gerald

PS: Though GCC became rather useless on FreeBSD these days, but that's a
different story: http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=20966 :-(