research on open-source software development

Dear GCC Project Members,

(Sorry for consuming the bandwidth.)

I've been doing some academic research on open-source
software development taking GCC as a case. I've found
something interesting and plan to publish a paper in
ACM conference on computer supported cooperative work.

As I wrote to this mailing list on March 2, 2000 (I
think most of you forget...), I would like to post the
URL of the paper and have some feedback (if you have
time).

Please understand that this is an academic study and
focuses on particular aspects. But, I hope it partly
explains how open-source software succeeds.

Please download the paper (PDF) from,
 http://www.lab7.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~yamauchi/papers/yamauchi_cscw2000.pdf
Summary is available,
 http://www.lab7.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~yamauchi/research/#Master%20Thesis
Since page-by-page browsing does not work, copy the
entire file to your disk first.

I don't quote any specific email messages in the paper.

I also admire your great work as one of the users of
GCC.

(Here is the original message,
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2000-03/msg00029.html)

Best Regards,