Re: GGC_QUIRE_SIZE change

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 03:21:18PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
>     Do you have strace or equivalent on that system?  I'd be interested to
>     see if this is the brk region colliding with the mmap region.
>
> Yes, I do.  I've never used it, so tell me what to do.

First do

strace /bin/ls

That will tell you what strace calls the brk and mmap system calls.
(They aren't always brk and mmap.)

Then trace the failing compiler, asking for just those calls:

strace -o trace.out -e trace=brk,mmap,munmap ./cc1 <arguments>

Replace cc1 by whichever compiler you're using, and brk,mmap,munmap
with whatever they're called on your system.  Send me trace.out.

> It will take an hour or so for me to get back to where things were
> when it was failing.

Ok, I need to go get lunch anyhow.

zw