Re: GGC_QUIRE_SIZE change

    How much memory has been allocated already when it fails?

About 13 MB, with it saying that about 6 MB is mapped.

    Do you think it would work to fall back to 1-page allocations if a
    16-page mmap() returns ENOSPACE?

I don't think so.  I think there is something fundamentally wrong here:
allocating 128KB shouldn't be an issue.  Interestingly enough, when the
mmap fails, GDB is no longer able to call any functions, claiming it
couldn't read the address that corresponds to _start.  But I can read it
with x/i just fine.  So something is messing up badly, though I have no
idea what.

If I change the macro from 16 to 1, things work fine.