Re: Problem with "<<" operator

> On Aug 25, 2000, Joe Buck <jbuck@racerx.synopsys.com> wrote:
>
> > I believe that the C++ standard now requires an explicit & to indicate
> > a pointer-to-function
>
> Nope, `&' is only required for pointer-to-members.  A function& decays
> to function* and, from that, I believe it decays to bool.

A name of a function can be converted to a pointer to function.  But can
it be silently converted to a bool?

Is aCC wrong for calling this an error?  Even if so, I believe that
this should be at least a warning, as the behavior is unlikely to be
right and the user can always write an explicit cast if s/he really
means it.