Re: Sparc64 gcc

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 07:16:57PM -0500, Mark Hatle wrote:
> Unfortunatly/fortunatly I just found them..
>
> (Yes this doesn't belong here so I'll move to the glibc list.. but until
> then..)
>
> Apparently glibc when I choose to compile as sparc64 seems to completely
> ignore the fact that it is supposed to provide those items.  I can't find
> any record of the stuff in soft-fp actually compiling. :(

Which glibc are you compiling? The 2.1.92 I built recently surely has them.
As for the gcc bugs you talk about, not all patches required for sparc64 are
in the CVS, have a look at Red Hat 7.0 beta gcc rpm, which should contain all
necessary sparc64 patches to build 64bit glibc.
(Note: it is well possible one more binary incompatible change will happen
in binutils affecting dynamic linkage, so don't build too many binaries with
it yet).

	Jakub