Re: Segmentation fault /SGI/ ios::init()

Hello,

> I am porting to Sgi (irix64) an application that has been compiled in AIX,
> Linux and Solaris using g++. However, I am getting a segmentation fault at
> ios::init() during the code initialization. Is this a known g++/sgi 2.95.2
> problem of the g++ distributed by freeware.sgi.com?
>
> #0  ios::init () at stream.cxx:43
> 43      stream.cxx: No such file or directory.
> (gdb) up
> #1  0xac92b2c in ostream_withassign::operator= () at stream.cxx:290
> 290     in stream.cxx
> (gdb) up
> #2  0xac852c0 in Iostream_init::__ct () at cstreams.cxx:63
> 63      cstreams.cxx: No such file or directory.

You are probably picking up a copy of the SGI libC.so library which
conflicts with gcc's libstdc++.so.  Try `elfdump -Dl your_program' to
verify whether this is the case.  Unfortunately, one cannot have a
program linked against these two DSOs simultaneously.

The obvious candidate for this is libGLU.so which unfortunately
depends on libC.so.  If that is what bites you I can send you a
libGLU.so binary compiled with gcc.

Regards,
Wolfram.