Re: Cross compilation vs. libiberty

> Folks --
>
>   I have run into the problem where libiberty, only configured once,
> does not build for the target since the target configuration does not
> match the host.  In particular, I have stdlib.h on the host, but not
> on the target, but files in libiberty want to include stdlib.h because
> the host configury indicates that is the right thing to do.

I don't understand.  libiberty is configured once for the host, and
once for each multilib combination on the target:

Configuring in powerpc-eabisim/libiberty
creating cache ../config.cache
checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-eabisim
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.6
checking for powerpc-eabisim-ar... powerpc-eabisim-ar
checking for powerpc-eabisim-ranlib... powerpc-eabisim-ranlib
checking for gcc... /sloth/delay/tbox/build-gcc/gcc/xgcc -B/sloth/delay/tbox/build-gcc/gcc/ -B/sloth/delay/tbox/build-gcc/powerpc-eabisim/newlib/ -isystem /sloth/delay/tbox/build-gcc/powerpc-eabisim/newlib/targ-include -isystem /sloth/delay/tbox/cvs-gcc/egcs/newlib/libc/include -B/sloth/delay/tbox/objs/powerpc-eabisim/bin/ -B/sloth/delay/tbox/objs/powerpc-eabisim/lib/ -isystem /sloth/delay/tbox/objs/powerpc-eabisim/include
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for strings.h... no

[this is significant because solaris does have /usr/include/strings.h.]

The target configuration happens after the compiler is built, of course,
otherwise it couldn't work.

I think you have some other problem with your build.
--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@cygnus.com>