Re: GCC's statement expression extension

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 09:16:14PM -0700, Jim Wilson wrote:
> In article <20000727221757.27796@cse.cygnus.com> you write:
> >On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 06:38:00PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> >Speaking of the embedded world, I would say the following extensions are used
> >extensively:
> >	Statement expressions
>
> This doesn't make any sense to me.  All of the extensions you listed have
> obvious and important uses to embedded programmers, except for statement
> expressions.  There is nothing intrinsic about them that makes them more
> useful for embedded programs than other extensions.  I doubt that very
> many of our customers would notice or care if they disappeared.
>
> Is there any particular reason why you put them in this list?

I think have seen PRs come in with big hairy macros that use statement
expressions, though not recently.  Of course the only way to find out is to
remove them from the compiler and see who complains.....

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304