Re: GCC's statement expression extension

    If SPEC really contains invalid code, then we're between a rock and a
    hard place.  I don't think we should break the compiler just to
    compile a benchmark.  We could patch SPEC, and we can provide the
    patch to whomever we're allowed to, under the SPEC licenses.

Well the amusing part is that the piece of SPEC that won't compile is
GCC!  Indeed, both GCC 2.8.1 and the last pre-EGCS FSF codebase won't
compile with the latest GCC.