Re: g77 -v doesn't work anymore.

Zack Weinberg wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 06:01:28PM +0200, I wrote:

> > Somehow, tradcpp manages to get three /dev/null's out of the specs file
> > - even though only two are there (f/lang-specs.h).
>
> The third /dev/null comes from the %i in %(cpp_options).
>
> I don't like this feature of g77, I think it's unnecessary
> complexity.  But if you must have it, just pull out one of the
> /dev/nulls.

Thanks, I'll do that.

We've used this feature in the past to get people to check if they had
an installation problem (a common one was to pick up a libf2c built by
the f2c distribution - note that until recently, most Linux
distributions came with f2c and _not_ g77).  It might be that this isn't
necessary anymore.

But as long as it doesn't break or inhibit anything else, I'd like to
keep it.

GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)