Re: libstdc++ v3 wants more libio functions now

> Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:06:16 -0700
> From: Michael Vance <briareos@lokigames.com>
> To: Mike Stump <mrs@windriver.com>

> On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 11:39:32AM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:

> > It is a reserved word (in C++), that makes it owned by gcc, no?  :-)

> Is wchar_t still defined as a four-byte quantity in GCC?

This doesn't make sense as a question.  gcc runs on many machines,
each machine can have a different value.  The default is int.

> If so, is there a document or archived mlist discussion somewhere
> documenting why this is? I know that the spec says it is
> "implementation-dependent", but every implementation I'm aware of
> does it as a 2-byte wide character.

freebsd, lynx, svr3, svr4, alpha, linux, openbsd, netbsd, c4x, fx80,
bsd386, rtemself, iris5, pa, vms all seem to use 32 bit quantities.

Also, I'd expect that you can run grep just about as well as I can...