Re: GCC headers and DJGPP port

In article <20000720191609.B7661@wolery.cumb.org>:

> I'd believe we can chuck out a lot of it, not all.  For instance, the
> BSDs don't run fixincludes, and they have their own stddef.h which
> ours must match (when we are installed in /usr/local instead of from
> the BSD unified tree).  And then there's the platforms using
> fixinc.wrap or fixinc.svr4...

Hi Zack,

Libelous comment! ;-) I can only speak authoritatively for FreeBSD
(although NetBSD appears to configure the same as us): At least in the
offical GNU CVS archive version (and our official /usr/ports
collection patches against the 2.95 branch), we now adhered to Jeff
Law's pronouncement that ports must not disable fixincludes by setting
USER_H.  It took some work to get there but we are there now.

When the compiler is installed in /usr/local, fixincludes is run!

I can't speak authoritatively on what happens when the compiler is
installed as the system compiler.

Regards,
Loren
--
Loren J. Rittle
Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Object Technology Lab