Re: GCC headers and DJGPP port

Bruce Korb wrote:
> Suppose the GCC-supplied "stddef.h" were to do stuff like:
>
> > #ifndef __PTRDIFF_TYPE__
> > #define __PTRDIFF_TYPE__ long int
> > #endif
> > #if !defined(_GCC_PTRDIFF_T)
> > #define _GCC_PTRDIFF_T
> > typedef __PTRDIFF_TYPE__ ptrdiff_t;
> > #endif

[etcetera...]

> and the DJGPP headers were to do the same?  :-)

Yes, it is possible. But the main technical objection (not counting
political ones) is that users will have to upgrade DJGPP libc if they
want GCC 3.0. And, if I understand correctly, one of the reasons to provide
GCC headers was ability _not_ to upgrade libc for new GCC. A little bit
different goals. But this solution is possible and will be considered
if nothing better comes up.

> And because the main shell script version has been removed,
> I pulled the support for doing c-fixes from a command line.
> But I thought you-all used "fixinc.winnt" anyway?

No, we just disabled fixincludes. Maybe CygWin or MingW used that.

> Since I
> don't have a Windows dev box, I was never planning on touching
> that mechanism.  However, I would work with anyone among the
> djgpp-workers interested in making the fixincl program run
> under Win*.  :-)

[You mean DOS, not Win*, right?]

Why not? ;-) I'll be glad to help in future (I'm pretty busy at the
moment)

Laurynas