Re: Xplatform C

> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:15:57 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Paton Wong <patonw@mail.com>

> I was wondering if it would be possible to build a system to compile
> C code into some binary format and have it run on any system and
> even have a gui toolkit with widgets and stuff and a plug-in for
> netscape.

Yes.  Most of the pieces are there.  But, if you aren't going to
champion it, who will?  gcc can be configured, as for PowerPC, and we
have a PowerPC simulator, so you just always compile up for one, and
then simulate it on the local machine.  You can wire in local GUI
libraries and hook into Java and Tcl and what-not just fine...