Re: My proposal for the libgcc runtime ABI (ia64 gcc/glibc is broken.)

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 08:01:14AM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> > > If you think you (as the glibc group, or as the Ulrich Drepper
> > > individual) can maintain this over the years to come - why don't you
> > > just go ahead and do it?
> >
> > I've never said I want to do this.  I have enough to do.
>
> Are we having a theoretical discussion, then? Who is volunteering the
> maintain this package over the years to come?

Can you tell me who are going to maintain Linux for years to come?
We, VA Linux, have sold so many Linux machines. What do we do? The
answer is you don't have to worry about it. Someone will maintain it,
one way or the other, just like gcc, kernel, X11, glibc, binutils,
...... libgcc.so is no different.

H.J.