Testsuite, Bug Reporting, GNATS

Mark,

as promised, I am now converting the guidelines you suggested in
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2000-06/msg00541.html
to HTML for addition to our web site. In the course of this I noticed
an issue that we might want to rethink:

  If you find a bug, but you're not fixing it:

    - Create a test-case.
    - Check in the test-case, marking it as XFAIL.
    - Write a bug report, referencing the test-case.
    - Put the bug report in GNATS.

In my opinion, this involves extraneous work in that one has to submit
the bug two times: Once to gcc-bugs, and once to GNATS. In addition,
then there'll be to places one has to check for responses!

In addition to gcc-bugs we also have a read-only list gcc-prs which
receives such reports from GNATS. Do these really have to be separate
lists?

What I imagine is that we have just one mailing list, where one can send
bug reports directly or via GNATS. This allows us to move more and more of
the bug reporting and managing process into GNATS much more seamless.

As far as I can see that can be obtained by just feeding GNATS to gcc-bugs
instead of gcc-prs and adding functionality (as the FreeBSD projects
already has) so that mails in response to GNATS messages automatically are
added to GNATS as well.

Thoughts?
Gerald
Have a look at http://petition.eurolinux.org -- it's not about Linux, btw!